Sol Voltaics is looking for a Sr. Characterisation Engineer
Are you ready to join one of the most exciting technology start-ups in northern Europe?
Sol Voltaics is developing a state of the art technology which is set to revolutionise the solar industry, contributing to a sustainable energy world. We believe that by embracing diversity and innovation we create an inspirational work place where the team spirit is high. If you thrive in a dynamic and high paced organisation where change is constant, you might be the next person to join the energetic and truly multicultural team of Sol Voltaics.
We are now looking for an analytical, self-motivated person to join the Device Team. The Device Team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the nanowire PV cell efficiency roadmap. In the role as
Sr. Characterisation Engineer you will be contributing to the understanding of nanowire based PV physics and device characteristics. The identification and relative distribution of device losses is they key aspect of the work which you will be contributing with. You will be a technical contributor and is expected to participate in and conduct hands-on experimental work as well as participate in and support development projects.
The ideal candidate for this position would have
- 5+ years experience from solar industry or specialized characterisation lab preferably with a PhD in relevant field
- A sound confidence with different characterisation methods and tools (e.g. Suns-Voc, Jsc-Voc, PL/EL imaging and mapping, QE, LBIC) is necessary to excel in this position, as the work will require you to spend a lot of time in the characterisation of the fabricated solar cell devices, and to implement these methods on novel technology.
- An adaptable mindset and ability to work on projects independently as well as in a larger team.
- A high level of understanding of the components that define the characteristics and properties of a solar cell, and excellent analytical skills in the loss mechanisms of such.
- Confidence with theoretical principles governing the physics of solar cells.
- Ability to present and document complex results in a clear manner
The position is based in Lund, Sweden and relocation support will be offered for the right candidate.
We are interviewing continuously so please send in your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the role, please contact HR manager Anna Dahlén at +46 702-449812
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!